Our firm has a long history of representing and working with physicians and healthcare organizations across the state of Texas.
The firm partners have more than 20 years of experience representing physicians, physician assistants, nurses and other health care providers and medical entities in state and federal court proceedings. Our attorneys also handle peer review matters, medical board complaints, and medical liability claims on behalf of health care providers. Our health care clients have included physicians, practice management groups, psychologists, psychiatrists, and medical professional liability insurers, to name a few.
In response to new and emerging regulatory and privacy compliance issues faced by the health care community, we now represent health care industry clients in privacy and cyber law matters, including cyber liability insurers. The firm’s primary areas of practice include:
- Handling of Data Breaches including breach analysis, breach response, crisis management of patients, employees and the media as well as assisting our clients’ with HIPAA/HITECH and Texas breach notification obligations
- Conducting HIPAA Risk Analysis
- Preparation of HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures
- Preparation of Notice of Privacy Practices and Related Documents
- Negotiation and Preparation of Business Associate Agreements
- Defense of Health Care Industry Clients in HIPAA/Texas Privacy Investigations, Audits and Lawsuits
- Conducting HIPAA/Texas House Bill 300 Training
- Privacy Law Presentations
Helping our clients protect patients’ and clients’ confidential information is an integral part of our practice. Attorneys at Elmore & Associates, PLLC work vigorously with their health care and business clients to help them maintain the confidentiality and integrity of their patients’ and clients’ confidential information. We advise our clients on HIPAA/HITECH privacy and security regulations, Texas privacy law and HIPAA/HITECH compliance matters and assist them with the implementation of appropriate safeguards for their patients’ and clients’ confidential information. We diligently and zealously represent our clients during federal and state privacy and security investigations, HIPAA audits and governmental actions and seek to minimize the penalties and fines that can be assessed against them under HIPAA/HITECH and Texas privacy laws.
Elmore & Associates, PLLC also represents business clients across the state of Texas, including CPAs, with regard to Texas privacy law and compliance issues.